Friday, June 26, 2009

When life gives you bed rest make it a craft night!

Ok so maybe I'm not bed ridden but I am supposed to be off my feet so with that said my sister-in-law Leah and my Mom Leann and I made the best of it. We spent the whole evening crafting up our lives. This is a picture of us quilting some blankets for our annual trip to Disneyland.


Leah is trying to be coy with her craftiness. While Leann is doing what she does best and guiding us :)
This is our abundance of beads. We made some lovely pieces to add to our collection. Thank you Ramsey's for introducing us to the trade.


This is a picture of Leah teaching me how to create Yo Yo's.

This is me "trying" to learn. I use that term loosely because it usually means I end up rocking back and forth mumbling to myself. Blondes aren't supposed to learn alot of stuff as we might implode. As Leah likes to put it.. "Some of us are just put on the earth to look pretty... And you happen to be one of them."
Leah and I are attempting our Blue Steal faces while wearing our new Yo Yo's we just created. I learn-ed ma I learn-ed!

All in All it was a fun filled night of many nights to come









7 comments:

Corynn said...

Too fun! I think some people are put on earth to be pretty and to be smart! And, you just might be one of them! :) I think I am going to have to start making your little boy some cool things. hm...

Luke and Niki said...

Oh I love craft night! Way fun! I am sorry to hear you "have" to take it easy! lol I am glad things are going well!

Raysha said...

Looks like a fun crafty night! It's fun to do crafts with other people.

Leah Martineau said...

hahaha.... good post silly lady!!! What a fun night and I hope to do these weekly. Oh wait we have to if we want to finish all the blankets =) Well even though you are here just to look pretty, you are a pretty good crafter and you are keeping up with the rest of us. I think you are a much better quilter than I, I mean I have greasy fingers and all. Ok my blankie next =)

Michael & Wendy Mecham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael & Wendy Mecham said...

I love seeing you craft!! The only thing better would be Cari, my mom & I there to have fun with you guys. I want to see your finished products! Take it easy and get that baby here healthy.
P.S. I have not swallowed any beads because of a theif =)

Mariah said...

I love that stuff.. it's so fun.. keeps me going:)!What?!?! Craft nights are fun?!?!!?