Monday, August 24, 2009


This past week when I was at work I had a patient that I had for a few weeks in a row. Since she had been in so long we talked alot. So a few days ago she gave me her family recipe for Banana Bread. Mind you that I love to bake but just barely started this passion. (When you grow up with Martha Stewart minus the bad hair for a mother you dont really ever think you need to learn how to cook or bake) So with that said I decided to attempt this recipe. Suprisingly the bread turned out great!! Not because I doubted if the recipe was good but more the baker could do it ;) Anyways, I thought I would share this with anyone that would like to try it out.

Banana Bread Recipe

1 cup shortening

2 cups sugar

Combine until crumbly

6 very ripe bananas

4 eggs

Add to sugar and shortening mix

2.5 cups of flour

2 teaspoons of baking soda

1 teaspoon saltAdd to mix

Preheat over to 350. Bake mix in 2 loaf pans for 30-40 minutes. Then reduce heat to 300 and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

3 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

hmmm... so I can either try and make it myself or just have my amazing sissy-in-law make it for me?? I think you should just keep it coming girl. I'm very proud of you little miss martha. seriously I couldn't be happier that you have warped into Suzy Homemaker. =)

Peterson Family said...

You are hilariou! I laughed at the Martha Stewart comment. Your mom would thank you for the kind compliment (and for leaving Martha's hair OUT of it)! haha!! I agree she is SUCH a great cook.

I LOVE banana bread, practice on me! No nuts though... :)

Mariah said...

MMMMMMMMMmmmmm.... i LOVE banana bread! My fav.:)