Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trendy and cute vs. Cute and reasonable

Ok so I need some real mom opinions here!! One of the only struggles I've had with becoming a mommy is I refuse to lose my style. Not that you have to lose your style in order to become a mommy but I want to be sure I don't when I do become a mommy. Kuddos to anyone that can make mommying look stylish! I grew up with fashion for most of my life and love everything fashion including accessories. With that said here is the question.

Do I choose a diaper bag that is still cute, really reasonable,and that can easily be wiped down inside and out, that comes with an adjustable strap that actually looks like a diaper bag? (pic below)




Or the Trendy bag I would use as a purse or a travel bag any day that is made of velvet and will need to be dry cleaned...? (pic below)

Yes I know most of you are rolling your eyes because this is such a small delima but this is what I do to pass the time before Baby Riley joins the fam LOL. Lets here any opinions you have about diaper bags. I want to here them all!! :)



9 comments:

*Becky* said...

I don't even buy clothes that have to be dry cleaned. Honestly, my diaper bags never got disgusting. I never had to buy formula so bottles never spilled. I would go with the trendy one though again I hate the thought of dry cleaning.

These Are The Days said...

My diaper bag needs to be dry cleaned and do you think I've ever done it...no! Go for the super cute one below, it's more you anyway.

Melanie and Will said...

LOL....only you Missy!! I love them both, but the practical thing would be the actual diaper bag. Plus, what if Nolan "happens" to be on daddy duty by himself with the babe...pretty sure he won't want to carry the trendy bag around vs the diaper bag. But then again, Nolan never surprises me ;) lol

Dababneh Family said...

Can't you find a cute bag that doesn't need to be dry cleaned, or are these the only two possible options? I personally am not a fan of diaper bags so I would say go for the cute bag, but find one that is easier to clean becuase it will be nasty in about a week after you put any sort of liquid in it.

Corynn said...

You can do cute. Cleaning a diaper bag isn't really the issue, it is finding what you need with one hand in a hurry! I would pick whichever you like and then get some kind of organization going on. It'll be great!

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

I don't know it this will help...use the one that you love. If it has to be dry cleaned...use it til it needs cleaned, get rid of it and find a new one. I like to change diaper bags, like I like to change purses. by abt 6 months you wont pack as much stuff. Then I usually combine a purse and diaper bad so I don't have to pack 2. Love ya!

Stu and Alyssa said...

I totally wanted that diaper bag forever!!! Stu didn't think I could justify over 3 for something that stores wipes and bottles and maybe my wallet. Its true it would have gotten so trashed. I still love it anyways!

Katie Hastings said...

Ha ha I did the same thing...and i went with the more trendy has to be dried cleaned "chocolate decadence" cake bag-doesnt the name just sound rediculous? ha this is for you missy the little guy could care less what it looks like and it will be your purse too---that was my justification so go with what makes you happy!

Mariah said...

O.k.! Second bag, WAY BETTER! That first bag it would just be too big! Second bag, remember, way better! It's totally trendy-er!!!