Monday, October 26, 2009

Its true babies are in control starting in the womb!

Nolan and I went to our 38 week appointment today to discover a bit of a change with our baby Riley. The Dr. said I was dilated at a 2! That's not all, he then asked if we wanted to encourage delivery... Nolan then replied with a goofy comment like usual " do you mean like "go you" or something? LOL I love my goofy husband.

Anyways, while the Dr. was what he liked to call "encouraging delivery" he noticed that he couldn't feel Rileys head anymore. So he said we needed to do an emergency ultrasound to confirm Riley had moved. We did an ultrasound and sure enough Riley is now breech. Not only is he breech but he wont have enough room to move even if he wanted to. The kid is coming in at 8.7 pounds give or take with two weeks to go. So with that said I was told that I will need to get a C-section next Wednesday November 4th. November 4th is my ultrasound due date but my Dr. is still going by my orignal due date of November 9th. If Riley decides he wants to come earlier then we will be doing an emergency C-section.

My thoughts on the C-section. Somehow I had a feeling this could happen. In my mind I always said I'm not really opposed to anything. I would prefer an epideral but if Riley came too fast I would deal. I prefered having him normal but if a C-section had to happen I would be ok with it. I think Heavenly Father was preparing me to be open minded about this. I know it seems only minor but coming from someone who has only had her wisdom teeth out and thats it a c-section seems a little scary. If anyone has "happy" words of advice for me please send them my way. And please oh please don't tell me your horror stories. I hear enough of them at the hospital LOL.

6 comments:

Luke and Niki said...

Oh Missy! I cant believe that! You are a strong woman and can do anything! The womans body is a powerful instrument. God really knew what he was doing when he made us. =) I am sure he has a plan for you and little Riley. Just dont stress, everything ALWAYS works out in the end.

All of my friends that have had C-sections were at first disappointed and scared about the process but ended up actually not minding it all! They love that they know exactly what day there babe is coming and that they get extra days in the hospital with Nurse help. (I would have loved that!)

PS Its giving child birth no matter which method and in the end you will have a beautiful healthy baby!=)

Love you Miss!

Tiffanie White said...

It was SO good to see you on Sunday! You look wonderful and are such a cute pregnant girl!!

And yes. As your post title says the BABY is in charge from day 1. I learned that early when my water broke at 36w and Jaxon completely had his own plans!

I agree with Niki. You WILL do awesome and it will be nice for you to know exactly when you're going in. Its also SO great they found that out now so that you wont have to go through hours and hours of labor and THEN get a c-section! You also wont be in the hospital for days BEFORE your baby comes like I was.

Good luck! You will do great. Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures. I am sure he'll be handsome and everything will be worth it in the end :)

Raysha said...

Stubborn Riley!!! Like I said, my sister has had 2 C-sections and has had great experiences both times. Well, as great as it can be.........but she healed quickly and didn't have any problems. And on the second one she liked that she knew exactly when her little baby was coming. So, she was better prepared at home before the baby came. You'll do great. You'll just need more help at home while recovering. You won't be able to do much for awhile. Let people help you. They'll be blessed for it!!

*Becky* said...

I think you'll do great with your C-Section. you're young and healthy and you'll bounce back in no time. As you know it takes longer to heal, but you're a tough girl and you will heal fine! These things happen, and the fact that C-sections are available is great!

Corynn said...

I've had 2 c-sections. One emergency and one planned. You will do great. All I can say is that as soon as they remove your catheter (or sooner if they'll let you) - get up and walk. It will hurt like hell for the first minute, but after that - you will heal better and be able to move around better, earlier. It will be fine. Riley is almost here! (It's okay to squeal a little!!!)

Mariah said...

WHOO WHOO! Can't wait!!!! Feel free to call me for babysitting (when child is old enough, of course)... Yay!!!!! Hehe:) Too much excitment!! YAY! Yippee!!!