Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Bump Update!

Here is me at 35 weeks. I am now at 37 weeks but not much belly bump has changed. So far I am still feeling great! I still work full time 12 hours shifts at the hospital and am on my feet all day. A Few days ago we had a code at the hospital and I starting running towards the patients room. As I was running a cute little old man said to his wife "man she moves fast for being pregnant" LOL it was probably a site to see. The patients are always amazed of how well I move still even though I'm pretty much nine months pregnant. I may waddle but I still feel great!

One new adventure I was just recently introduced to is acid reflux. Its not the party it sounds like but with a little anti-acid it easily goes away. I for the most part still sleep well through the night but I hear once Riley is born that will all change. I haven't had swelling of my extremities yet too bad except for a little after a 12 hour shift. All and all I'm still feeling great. It would be nice though to meet lil' Riley soon :)

I had a depressing moment about a week back when I went to my 36 week appointment though. We went in for our regular appointment and Dr. Holmes like he always does told us that Riley is still HUGE. He's measuring 3 weeks bigger than he supposed to and no I do not have gestational diabetes... We just have big babies in our family. Dr Holmes then told us that it looks like he will be in there a few weeks after my due date because he's not ready to come out. I'm not dilated or anything... So not only is my kid possibly huge but he is stubborn. I don't know why I'm suprised. He is my child after all. I had to call my mom to cheer me up. After letting it soak in a little bit I've decided its not that bad of a thing. I am not uncomfortable or anything so I guess he comes when he's ready and thats good enough for me :) Dr. holmes did say though that if I do show progress he might induce me. I don't really want to be induced but if he thinks its a good idea I will trust the expert. All in all we are anxiously awaiting for the new arrival into our family.

4 comments:

Dababneh Family said...

We are too!

Luke and Niki said...

Holy Moly look at the belly! I love it! Seriously Missy you look great!! =) I wish i could witness your sprint in action.

I cant wait to see baby Riley!! When we get back in 6 weeks we will have to do a mad photo sesh with our kids!

Good luck with everything and just relax. Remember I wasnt dialated at all on a Monday and by Friday I was in labor. So it can still be soon. Go start walking, gettin busy in the bedroom, and look into Prime Evening Rose Oil, it all worked for me! Or at least i think. lol All of that is supposed to ripen the cervix.

Love you!!

Melinda said...

I'm so impressed you are still working such long shifts! I don't envy the big baby though...:)

Mariah said...

You look so cute, dress and everything! I hope to see baby Riley, maybe even babysit! That would be AWSEOME! Anyways catch ya latah!


:) (enough said)