Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Its official I really do have a baby in me!

So this is me at 15 weeks :) Weight gained -6 pounds. I lost 10 right away and have gained 4 back. I fnally had to break down today and by myself some maturnity clothes. It was a bittersweet moment. I still fit in my normal jeans but decided I might as well take advantage of being able to wear elastic pants while I can. Elderly people have the right idea! If I could I would wear these forever! I still don't have a baby bump but I noticed that my midsection is just expanding all together. I can't wait til I actually look pregnant so my patients won't just think I have a gut.
I also had to buy myself some Crocs against my will for work. No offense to anyone that loves them or anything. But after working 3 12 hour shifts back to back my foot went numb so I decided to break down and buy some of the "nurse" shoes because they are the most comfortable shoes out there. My sister-in-law Leah and Mom got a kick out of it because just like I refuse to buy a mini van I was refusing to buy crocs. I guess I really am a mommy now when I choose comfort over style :)
All in all we are excited for little changes that are happening in our lives and can't wait for this big change to arrive! :)

9 comments:

Leah Martineau said...

Oh next thing you know you will be pulling into your parents with a new minivan!!! hahaha I love it!!! Yes it is about time you picked comfort over style. =) Well you look great pregnant mama and I'm dying to find our what you are having!!! I think it will be a boy. I'm proud of you for being a good blogger, good girl!!

*Becky* said...

mmm crocs yes... I too told myself I would never buy them. and I have yet to buy them. But comfort is important esp since you have a little baby growing. I will never buy a mini van either

Luke and Niki said...

Great negative poundage!!! I know what you mean about the mid section expanding thats one of the first things i noticed too. The weight shift to the belly...got to love it! I bet you are having a girl! Thats funny about the Bella and Logan situation. haha So what names have you decided on?

AMBER said...

Missy,

Long time no see. Just saw/found your blog. Wanted to say "Hi" and CONGRATS on the Baby! That is so exciting, and wonderful.

-Amber Genys Boyster

Melanie and Will said...

Yay! Your bump is still so mini!

and yes, comfort first baby!

gosh, I would love to still be wearing my maternity clothes.

Corynn said...

I demand a baby bump! *hehe*

Katrina Wright said...

HEY! I didn't know you had a blog! I am so glad I found it!

Congrats on the baby to be!

Hope you doing well!

Stu and Alyssa said...

Happy late birthday. I want to take you to lunch!!! You dont even look pregnant and We miss you guys.! That outfit below of Nolan is GREAT!

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

Lulu,
I didn't know you had a blog. Yeah for the baby. I am so excited for you. Mis you make me laugh...crocs...elastic pants. I know the best part is when you actaully look prego so that there is no question. Can't wait to see you soon.! Love ya!